As a growing world-class logistics provider, we recognise our role in helping to protect the natural environment, supporting our community and being a responsible employer.
Our vision is to lead the way within our industry as an organisation which not only understands its responsibilities but takes positive actions to benefit the environment and society.
To help achieve our vision, our objectives are to:
- Monitor and increase our environmental sustainability by improving efficiency, reducing waste and embracing renewable energy
- Ensure our HR policies and procedures build the most supportive and rewarding working environment for our colleagues and their families
- Encourage diversity, equality and inclusion with our recruitment and colleague development policies
- Make ethical business decisions which balance commercial needs with the impact on our colleagues, society and the environment
- Make a positive contribution to the local community through active involvement with and the support of key charities
Charity and community support
For 2022, our chosen charities are Transaid and Mind.
We’re proud to support two charities Transaid and Mind. Transaid is an international charity that seeks to reduce poverty in some of the world’s poorest countries by investing in transport. Transaid combines the expertise of the European transport and logistics industry with the charity’s long experience of working in the developing world to advocate and tackle transport related issues from the grassroots to the policy level.
We’re also supporting Mind, the leading mental health charity. Mind provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness, and promote understanding, and provide support directly to those who need it most.
In addition to making an annual donation, we will strive to contribute and support their fundraising activities whenever possible.
We will donate all proceeds from any fundraising or sponsorship activities within our organisation to our charities of choice. We also aim to support other local or national charities which approach us directly or of personal significance to a member of our team.
Freightline’s success depends on the strength of our communities. We encourage our colleagues to get involved by giving them the flexibility to alter their working hours to support volunteering. This way, they can donate their time to causes they’re passionate about while still meeting their commitments.
Environment and sustainability
We will reduce our energy consumption by:
- Optimising transportation routes to reduce use of fuel
- Changing to LED lighting throughout our operations
Where possible, all paper, packaging and other consumable materials will be made from sustainable, recycled and recyclable materials
Employees, diversity and inclusion
We are a Living Wage employer.
As a responsible employer, we always act in a supportive way to allow our colleagues the time and flexibility to care for their family, when needed.
We offer flexible and part-time opportunities to support working parents.
We have a zero-tolerance policy towards conscious or subconscious discrimination of any type, including on the basis of gender, sexuality, race, culture, age or disability.
Our apprenticeship programme is aimed at giving opportunities to people from challenging or disadvantaged backgrounds.